Tuesday, June 13, 2006

17 days 'till China!

I can't believe I only have 17 days until I leave!
The past 2 months have been crazy trying to work full-time, raise full missions support for life, and plan all the details of a 6 month transcontinental trip.
God has been so amazing multiplying my efforts, and making everything work together in His way and His timing. I was driving home last night talking to Him about it, and just crying. I am so grateful. See all of my perfectly laid plans for raising funds have failed. But the minute I really truly gave it all up to God and admitted that "apart from You I can do nothing" - bam, He provided everything I needed in one weekend.
Amazing. May this encourage you my friend that yes, God helps those who help themseleves, but ultimately our striving alone accomplishes nothing - I think He helps us most when we have the most faith.
Thanks for your ongoing prayers and encouragement!
love,
Jen

No comments: