Monday, August 14, 2006

Perfect Timing

Singapore is so-so. The people are great, but the YWAM base where I am living is in the red light district, so it's very shady and dirty, nothing like the beautiful antiseptic city that most people associate with Singapore. 
It's the perfect place for a missions base.
In addition to this - I have realized the past 2 weeks that God has destined me to be here at exactly this time. 
When I met with the YWAM Singapore director, Joseph Chean, he explained this is an epic moment in YWAM Singapore's history; it is perfect that God sent me to witness and document the great miracles happening here. 
See, YWAM Singapore just launched Go Fest Asia, a conference involving YWAM missionary's from all over the world. They were trained in Asian missions, prayer mapped outreaches, then went out for 2-4 week missions trips to Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, China, Myanmar, or 20 other Asian nations.
The conference was a huge success, and all those missionary's are just now returning to Singapore.  Guess who's going to be here to track them down and share their story's with the world??

You geography buffs probably know that Singapore is the gateway to Asia, all merchants and travellers from around the world have always stopped in Singapore before travelling to China, Thailand, India, Malaysia, Indonesia ect. People stop here first to rest, refresh, resupply, then go out.
God is using Singapore for that same purpose spiritually to be a gateway to the East.  Singapore is experiencing revival along with all of Asia, and the YWAM base is preparing to be a platform to train, equip, and send the whole world into Asian missions.  
sooooo the Director said he needs me to be the voice of  Singapore, and the voice of Asia to the rest of the YWAM world.  He gave me the verse Ezekial 43:1-2
and commissioned me with a new name/title/theme for this month "Till Asia is filled with Gods glory, promote the love of God for Asia."
So I am quite nervous and shaking with this holy fear and responsibility.  God has a very definite purpose for having me here this month, with the Go Fest Asia happening, and the rebirth of YWAM Singapore....I am so humbled by this task and will be writing every word from my knees.
Please pray that I will be a faithful scribe for the story's God wants told - pray that I will walk very closely to Him during this journey.
Thank you! Praise Him!

No comments: