Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Casting My Bread

I just want to start this new Blog by saying what I always say =)
Life in Christ is the most thrilling adventure I could ever hope for!
And after 21 years it just keeps getting better and better!
Since graduating from college I have had this strange and wonderful life as a Nomadic Missionary. I have only served in a few official missions fields so far, but everyday I witness miracles and stand in awe of the way God is working in the world.
I never know where I'll be next month, God just keeps opening doors, and I'm flinging myself through them with wild abandon. Yet everyday I am completely secure, knowing that no matter where I go or what I do I'm never far from His love, protection, and provision.

Life is so short you know? I think we ought to be living it up - being about our Fathers business. He is good and there is a great big world of adventure out there, learning and loving Him!
Soooooo this is a little bit about who I am and why I am starting this Blog.
I never want this to be about "Jens wild adventures" or anything dumb and self-serving like that - I really want it to be about reflecting on God's goodness. To open my eyes and maybe opening yours to see how God is at work in the world.
"Taste and see that the Lord is good!" Gods church and His missions work all over the globe is so diverse and creative it blows my mind. I can't wait to see it all and be a part of it!
I was inspired to name this blog after reading Ecclesiastes 11:1 "Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again." My footnotes for that verse said "be adventurous, like those who accept the risks and reap the benefits of seaborne trade. Don't always play it safe". I know that sounds like a fortune cookie saying, but it is so true - and it inspires me.
So I'm casting it all out there!
How are you casting your bread my friend? I would love to hear about it.
I would also love love love your prayers in this new season of my life, and would love to know how I can be praying for you.

No comments: